Our beliefs shape who we are.
What do you believe? This is what I believe!
I believe our lives are defined by how much we positively impact others. My goal is to leave every interaction with others just a little better as a result of me being there. Learning from successful women who live fearlessly and sharing that wisdom on the broadest stage possible has been my passion both personally and professionally – sometimes breaking world records along the way! Shattering boundaries and expectations and the importance of giving back and uplifting others is the message I can’t wait to share with you. As the first college graduate in my family, I’ve made education a priority not just for myself but others. I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Benedict College, an MBA from Clark Atlanta University, and later received an Honorary Doctorate from my alma mater. As International President of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, I expanded endowed scholarships, raised $12 million dollars for our historically black colleges and universities and helped launch a transformational youth enrichment program for high school students. I’m a long-time corporate executive in both the for profit and not for profit sectors, having led major organizations and billion dollar brand lines. I am also known as a dynamic public speaker who’s been featured in national publications and on national business and civic platforms. This includes Essence Magazine, Rolling Out Magazine, The HBCU Digest, HBCU News, Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The Houston Chronicle and The State. In addition to receiving over 250 awards and proclamations, to date, I am the recipient of keys to over 150 cities, citations from the 43rd and 44th Presidents of the United States of America and a service medallion from the United States Naval Service Group Middle Pacific.
Selected highlights include:
- Presiding over the largest delegation of African American women ever assembled at one time in the Middle East.
- Implementing two of the largest international gatherings of women worldwide and received Guinness Book of World Records recognition for organizing the largest banquet events in the U.S.
- Publishing numerous articles and papers on women’s leadership, non profit leadership, empowerment, time management, corporate and social networking.
- Producing the popular web series Conversations – with total views of 250,000 and featuring interviews with women who made history.
- Developed a web series “To the Point” focussing on life manners.
- Publishing “You Can Lead: 30 Life Lessons to Empower the Leader Within” and led a successful 30 city book tour.