Our beliefs shape who we are.
What do you believe? This is what I believe!
- I believe our lives are defined by how much we positively impact others. My goal is to leave every interaction with others just a little better as a result of me being there. Learning from successful women who live fearlessly and sharing that wisdom on the broadest stage possible has been my passion both personally and professionally – sometimes breaking world records along the way! Shattering boundaries and expectations and the importance of giving back and uplifting others is the message I can’t wait to share with you. As the first college graduate in my family, I’ve made education a priority not just for myself but others. I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Benedict College, an MBA from Clark Atlanta University, and later received an Honorary Doctorate from my alma mater. As International President of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, I expanded endowed scholarships, raised $12 million dollars for our historically black colleges and universities and helped launch a transformational youth enrichment program for high school students. I’m a long-time corporate executive in both the for profit and not for profit sectors, having led major organizations and billion dollar brand lines. I am also known as a dynamic public speaker who’s been featured in national publications and on national business and civic platforms. This includes Essence Magazine, Rolling Out Magazine, The HBCU Digest, HBCU News, Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The Houston Chronicle and The State. In addition to receiving over 250 awards and proclamations, to date, I am the recipient of keys to over 150 cities, citations from the 43rd and 44th Presidents of the United States of America and a service medallion from the United States Naval Service Group Middle Pacific.Conversations lead us to sharing… and gathering wisdom. Here’s a glimpse of the conversations that have shaped my life:
• Participated in one of the country’s most important conversations –the Emergence of African American Women as Candidates for Public Office – in a panel discussion including Senator Kamala Harris, Congresswomen Frederica Wilson, Terri Sewell, Alma Adams and Sheila Jackson Lee.• Presented keynote remarks at an historic chartering event in Dubai – United Arab Emirates and presided over the largest delegation of African American women ever assembled at one time in the Middle East.
• Planned and presided at two of the largest international gatherings of women worldwide and received Guiness Book of World Records recognition for organizing the largest banquet events in the U.S.
• Published numerous articles and papers on women’s leadership, non profit leadership, empowerment, time management, corporate and social networking.
• Developed and executive produced the popular webseries Conversations – with total views of 250,000 and featuring interviews with women who define boundary -breaking from Actress Vanessa Bell Calloway; Poet Sonia Sanchez; Former DC Mayor Sharon Pratt Kelly, Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, and Today Show anchor Sheinelle Jones. Thousands gathered for our inspiring interview-driven live town-hall sessions with these amazing leaders.
An upcoming life changing experience I am excited about is the release in late Spring of my first leadership and empowerment book. My career and service journey has taken me around the world, yet home today remains Milwaukee Wisconsin, where I’m blessed as mother to two wonderful adult children.